Thursday, November 26, 2009

Help me please!


OK, as from next week I am training HARD and this week has been a bit of "back into it" after three weeks of not riding very much....Why? well needed a break, a bit of a mood thing, having a bad situation at work which has made me feel a bit depressed, but I am climbing back out of that now....I had felt quite down though but now I have a big race in January I am putting the pedal to the metal and looking at my program next week I can see that I have just become a full time athlete for the month.

So Help? Well I find it hard to motivate myself at the moment and I think I am going to get people to help me do some of the long rides.

The program is broken up between long rides, motorpacing. (does anynoe have any tips on motorpacing) and efforts which will just about kill me but I am determined to bring out my best and get a good result in January.

Last weekend, we had the hospital charity ride and 175km on Saturday and 90 on Sunday and that was hard work and I am only just recovering. I did Chris Carmichael TT yesterday and the fast ride today and just spent a couple of hours cleaning three bikes.......and I am covered in grease...but it is done now. Time to watch Oprah!

4 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sorry, no advice... wish i lived closer to go for a ride together, although i'm quite sure i'd be dropped in an instant ;) Good luck with all your goals, I'm sure you'll do great!

Mike J said...

I don't have any advice either except for cycling is supposed to be fun. Whatever you do enjoy yourself and enjoy the ride.

Donna said...

Someone once told me, "If you're not having fun, you'd better be racing. If you aren't racing, get off the road."

Of course it's not always that black and white. I find that riding/training with others pulls me through and then something clicks and I'm on schedule again. You're a million more times dedicated than me, so I know you'll find your way.

Sorry about the work stuff... I hate "professional drama."

Groover said...

Sounds like you are back on track already and don't really need all that much help. LOL I went through a similar phase when I started training for Bright and was so grateful for Alberto's help. I couldn't have done it without him so good on ya for asking for help when you need it! Motorpacing ... would love to help but don't have a motorbike and live too far away. Good luck for your race in January. What have you entered? Nationals?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

A place to vent my cycling frustrations and get some motivation to keep training hard