Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Testosterone

OK todays Tues ride started badly when Ashley turned up and I know how well he has been riding and there was Ben and so two riders and overall about 12 riders...I sat second wheel and as soon as we got going I heard A and B discussing wind direction and I knew that meant bust the bunch and give them no cover...we were doing 40 nice and then at Hagans the speed went up to 45 and a gap appeared when Jages attacked and I couldnt get back on Emu's wheel and not one of the 6 riders behind me would help,.....I knew I was in trouble as my speed went from 46 to 43 and everyone just went around me fast and I could not grab a wheel and was dropped....6kms in to the ride...thanks for coming.....In hindsight I have been very tired and have had tons of things on the go. I did a HR session on the windtrainer on Sunday night and maybe some of that was in my legs....I ended up riding 40 overall this morning and am not feeling good about the hospital ride at the moment....oh well the weekend is still a few days away

3 comments:

ItchyBits said...

A hack cyclist??? Surely doesn't sound like it. It sucks getting dumped! It sucks even worse when another chick does it..so if I am going to get dumped I'd rather it was testosterone related. That sounded less bizarre in my head. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog Itchy Bits.

Groover said...

Wow, tough training session for a Tuesday morning. Sounds like I have to step up my intensity. :-) Thanks for your comment. What years did you do Bright?

Judith said...

I rode Bright 2005,2006 and 2007 and each year the competition was getting tougher, I came third in Womens B in 2006 and in 2007 rode quicker and came about 6th (or seomthing...I should check....and last year they had the AIS developmental juniors riding womens B and that made it tougher....BUT having said that if I were you I would race B and you might even win it if you are a strong hill climber, as Hotham is nasty but it is solid racing and I loved it....and the speeds on my training rides yesertday might sound quick...but you wont be going that fast on the flats in Bright (unless of course you are the one driving the pace, I have always found that the race is not too tactical on the flats, except for intermediate sprints, but the hills is where the race is won or lost!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

A place to vent my cycling frustrations and get some motivation to keep training hard