Wednesday, January 07, 2009

One week in and have got some plans

OK, it is one week into the new year and I have some goals........

Goal Number 1 - it to get back to about 73kg (at the moment I am scared to weigh myself. 73 sounds like a lot, but at 1.8m tall it is good and I struggle to get to 72 and maybe will look at lighter moving into the road season on the bike.


Goal Number 2 is to be much more diligent with my training. I have a few glitches and a few "she'll be right" moments, but I know I can do better this year, 2008 was mediocre and I have no real "lightbulb" moments.....by that I mean I have no races where I would say gee I am so proud of how I rode that race etc etc. I did have some interruptions with injury....aand having said Goal Number 2 - it could be interrupted, I am trying to get into MICA this year at work (Intensive Care Paramedic Course), which is a course where you have to sell your soul to get all of the requirements, ie study and training completed......


Goal Number 3 - Try to control the nerves in racing...seriously it is not just the nerves, but the disgusting emotions that come with them......want to be more focussed and I think by striving for Goal Number 2 then Goal number 3 will follow....If you are trained and have done the best you can by the time you get to the start line, you should be in a position to race well.....and feel much more confident about yourself


So Training yesterday was a 3:15 ride (on my own...I saw an echidna..and another furry animal.....might have been a possum as it dashed across the road.....it wasnt a rabbit I know that)

I had my pig with me on the handlebars (so a definate weight disadvantage) and clocked 93km...(the pigs couldnt believe it). Today is two hours with some ITT intervals......but must walk my boof headed mutt first.

3 comments:

Groover said...

You are funny, Buttsy! Riding with pigs ... !

Once you figured out goal #3 could you please let me know how to do it? :-)

We will have an awesome 2009, girlie! I can feel it! Good luck with achieving all your goals, the cycling and non-cycling related ones.

jahowie said...

Nice blog!! I miss my bike so much. I can't wait to get back out there. For now, it's all on rollers for me. Michigan sucks. :-)

Bluenoser said...

Yup warmer would definitely help here also, freezing rain and hail today.

Good luck with the goals.

-B

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

A place to vent my cycling frustrations and get some motivation to keep training hard