Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wasps

Quick entry today....
Bushfires - I am not affected by them directly, and just cannot even imagine how traumatic it would be to lose friends, loved ones, animals, property or anything in the fires......My heart goes out to everyone affected in any way. I dont want to seem trivial about it in any way, it is an absolute tragedy.

Cycling - I use this blog to write about my cycling, the good and the bad, I have had trashed legs all week, struggled on Tues in my intervals...I have to do 3 x 10 minutes above aerobic threshold on the windtrainer with 10 minute rests in between and my HR would not even get up to A/T so I gave up as I believe this means you have to rest a bit. I had already ridden about 50 kms at working pace...not too hard. Wednesday we didnt race the crit at LCCC as it was raining and so we did the Chris Carmichael killer TT workout instead which was hard...I know I should have perhaps rested...I was planning on racing in B grade, my HR was a bit more compliant but still not quite there, I usually do power intervals at around 155-160bpm and I was about 8-10bpm below that although I was working hard and sweating a bucket. I have a lowish HR and so A/T has been identified at around 143bpm. The highest I have ever seen my HR get to is around 165 (and that is rare)......I TT at around 150-158 depending on where in the TT I am (legs are more important than HR which can be affected by hills, winds, and general fatigue). Tonight the plan is 60km not too hard plus some efforts on the WT - see how we go.......Tommorrow is a day off the bike....

Wasps (Yes.....wasps....not some acronym for anything...just those black and yellow stingy things....). We had to get the pest man in today to KILL a NEST of WASPS in the house......here are the pics for your interest (since I have no pics of anything cycling or interesting really....



Pics of the Wasp man and one of those pesky little buggers emerging from our roof

5 comments:

Groover said...

Give your legs a good rest. Sounds like they need it. The wasps look scary. Wouldn't want to be stung by them.

Judith said...

Thanks Groover, I think they do too

Judith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bluenoser said...

Why that's the second biggest wasp I've ever seen. -Inspector Gadget.

-B

Judith said...

There were lots of huge wasps..........but now they are gorn...woo hoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

A place to vent my cycling frustrations and get some motivation to keep training hard